Women's Career and Wellness Expo May 6, 2023, 10am-2pm Truesdale Training Center
Who is invited?
Everyone is welcome at the event! We especially encourage women and girls who are interested in learning more about careers with LADWP to attend.
What is the Women's Career & Wellness Expo?
The Expo is an opportunity for women, girls and the wider Los Angeles community to learn about career opportunities at LADWP, as well as employee initiatives and benefits LADWP offers to support women in the workplace.
At the Expo, attendees can:
• Speak with women from LADWP’s workforce about their careers, many of which are seen as “non-traditional” for women
• View equipment and machinery demonstrations
• Attend a wellness vendor fair
• Participate in a free exercise class
• Watch a healthy cooking demonstration
• Enjoy free food and giveaways
• Engage in children’s activities including a petting zoo and a rock climbing wall
When is the Women's Career & Wellness Expo?
Saturday, May 6, 2023
10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Why are we hosting the Women's Career & Wellness Expo?
LADWP is committed to advancing gender equity and women’s economic empowerment as we transition toward renewable energy and water resiliency. We strive to help narrow the nation's gender and racial pay gap by improving access to employment pathways, promoting the benefits of union represented high-quality jobs, and bridging the gender gap in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) skills. We are proud to lead this effort by hosting the first ever LADWP Women’s Career and Wellness Expo, which will showcase a variety of utility careers through demonstrations led by our own workforce.
List of Exhibitors
LADWP Career Booths and Demos:
• Customer Service
• Electrical Mechanics
• Electrical Safety Demo
• Engineering Drafting Technician
• Fiber Optics Infrastructure Exhibit
• Financial Services
• Home Energy Improvement Program Demo Information Technology Services
• Instrument and Controls Mechanic
• Introduction to EDMT/ECH Positions
• Joint Safety and Training Institute
• LADWP Career Counseling & Tuition Reimbursement
• LADWP in the Eastern Sierra
• Office of Emergency Services
• Recruitment Services
• Security Services
• Skid Steer Demo Try A Ride – Fleet Services
• Underground Substructure Demo
• Warehouse/Storekeeper Material Logistics
• Water Filtration Experiment and Chlorine Residual Testing Demo
• Water Quality
• Welcome Booth
• Women in Non-Traditional Employment Roles
• 60-inch Water Pipe Walk-Through
Assumption of Risk
Engaging in the activities contemplated in this voluntary event carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid injuries, accidents, mistakes, errors or omissions. LADWP shall not be responsible for any liability which arises by reason of participation in this voluntary event and you agree to provide a complete and unconditional release of all liability to the greatest extent allowed by law in exchange for your participation in this voluntary event.